Easy, Simple Crunchy Kale Chips
How to Make Kale Chips
Salty, crispy, addicting, and from garden to oven in 15 minutes … making your own kale chips couldn’t be easier.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash kale leaves and dry very well.
- Using a paring knife or kitchen scissors, trim out the ribs and discard. Cut the remaining kale into approximately two-inch pieces.
- Place kale in a large bowl and toss gently but thoroughly, making sure that every last bit of kale leave is coated with olive oil.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Lay kale in a single layer on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. (If you have more kale than baking sheet, you may need to cook them in batches).
- Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, just until crisp. Start checking at 8 minutes – don’t overcook or they’ll burn! I find that Lacinato kale cooks faster than curly kale.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a minute or two, then serve.